After stumbling across a few blogs (specifically these ones at Color Me Katie, The Nectar Collective, Style Generis and Cider with Rosie), which have bloggers sharing and showing gratitude on a weekly (or monthly) basis, I’ve decided to start my own round up of weekly gratitude’s and happiness’, from events which have brought a smile to my face and a sparkle to my eyes. ^_^
So here’s the first of my posts on 7 things that have made me happy this past week:
1. Nothing brings cheer to a house or beauty into a room as quickly as some freshly cut flowers, and I loved the fading, soft colours and sweet scent from these roses I got from work. ^_^
2. It’s been fantastic seeing family over this festive period, from my loving parents and brother, to my cousins visiting from Gauteng, to family from hubby’s side, and my wonderful auntie from Durban!
3. Having a day of giddy, carefree fun at Ratanga Junction with my hubby, wonderful cousin, and his beautiful wife. The cobra was our favourite ride (as per usual) though the Congo Queen got a few squeals out of us too. ^_^
4. Coming back home to our loving kitties, who’ve missed us during our 3-week house sitting stint.
5. But speaking of house sitting, I feel so blessed to have had the above view (and pool) during our house-sit (it’s gorgeous, isn’t it?!) We spent lots of evenings enjoying meals in the lapa beside the pool, with a glass of wine and conversation flowing.
6. Going on long beach walks! ^_^
7. All the delicious meals we’ve had, both cooked meals at home, and meals out. A healthy, happy 2015 is definitely a priority for us.
What has made you happy this week? ^_^